Sunday 2 September 2012

BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER



Now i got my lens back and working again (fingers crossed )and with the sun beaming 
(a rare sight at the moment ) 
i made my way to Marazion to try and grab a a sight of the spotted crake that
a guest who was staying at the hostel told me all about a couple days ago,
once i arrived my task of finding the location of the  spotted crake was made a lot easier by the gathering
of people milling around the far side of the marsh.
A good hour passed and still no sign of the crake while waiting i got talking to the bloke next to me, 
and he told me about the Buff-breasted sandpiper down on the beach and that he was going down to look
at it, since i didn't have a clue what to look for and where it was i asked if
i could tag along with him .
A very small group of people with scopes gave the location away of the bird 
once getting settled and i started snapping away, apart  from a family near enough stepping on it and then
asking us if they was in the way the sandpiper was very accommodating to us walking and feeding within
feet of us.















No comments:

Post a Comment